Change, Inc. is a managed-care-free practice. We have chosen not to be “in-network” counselors for any insurance plans.
However, we are very insurance-friendly. Should you wish to utilize your insurance benefits for counseling, we will be more than happy to provide for you the appropriate paperwork, including a description of the counseling service, date of the counseling service, the counseling session code, the counseling diagnosis code, etc. to facilitate your insurance claim. You will receive two copies of the counseling session documentation. Here is a sample of what the documentation will look like.
It may help you to check with your insurance company prior to our first meeting to understand your outpatient counseling benefits. You will want to ask your insurance company about:
- Coverage for “outpatient counseling services.”
- The percentage of reimbursement for an “out of network counselor” including any deductible amount.
That said, here’s why we believe that not directly billing insurance companies allows for a more positive therapeutic counseling relationship in addition to improved clinical services. Being “out of network”:
- Enhances your privacy – we won’t share your information with anyone.
- Promotes a focus on your health and strengths rather than just on what’s wrong – remember, insurance companies require that we give you a “mental illness diagnosis,” and this diagnosis is required to be disclosed on any subsequent insurance policies for which you may apply, including life insurance, and can prevent you from being able to obtain them. We want to help you avoid that.
- Enhances client choice and power within counseling – insurance companies won’t be able to dictate what services you want. You get to choose!
- Eliminates surprises from billing – you’ll know up front what you’re responsible for, and there are no guessing games regarding coverage, co-pays, deductibles. You’ll know from the beginning what to expect.
- Reduces the potential for insurance premium increases – insurance companies are known to raise rates simply because you received a diagnosis! For future problems of increased cost of monthly insurance premiums (e.g., once a mental illness diagnosis is given for counseling, the insurance company may rate the client on a different “tier.”
While other counseling agencies strive to make things easier on themselves, we want to make things easier on you. Payment for counseling is taken by cash or by credit/debit card (Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express).
Get your life back today! Start by making this simple call.
We can schedule you immediately!
Nervous about calling? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!